The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body. It runs from the lower back area to the heel of the foot. When it becomes irritated or inflamed, it can cause several symptoms. Residents of the Northfield area can count on Ohio Sports Chiropractic and Rehab to help them find a treatment plan to minimize the problems that the person is experiencing.
5 COMMON SIGNS OF SCIATICA
The manner in which sciatica impact a person depends on a variety of factors. Some of the more common symptoms that people might experience include:
- Pain: Sciatic nerve pain can cause a sharp, burning pain that extends from the lower back, down the back of the leg and to the heel of the foot. When the intermittent pain isn’t present, the area might feel very sore and have a deep ache.
- Weakness: You might find that the affected leg is weaker than the leg that isn’t affected by sciatica. It might become tired more quickly than the other leg.
- Numbness: The sciatic nerve compression, irritation, or inflammation can cause the leg to feel numb. It might be an almost complete loss of feeling, but it might also be a pins and needles sensation.
- Lack of movement: You might not be able to move your leg or foot because of sciatica. This can cause your foot to just hang limp despite you trying to move it.
- Inability to walk: All of the symptoms of sciatica can come together and make it difficult for you to walk. Putting pressure on your leg to stand can lead to extreme pain and the weakness of the leg could even lead to you falling.
Contact Our Office for an Appointment
The first step in getting chiropractic care for sciatica is making an appointment. Contact Ohio Sports Chiropractic and Rehab at (330) 908-0203 to schedule your first visit. These treatments offer cumulative relief, so plan to have multiple visits to help you obtain optimal relief.